Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What makes a great logo design?

Many times I'm asked... what do you think of my logo? More often than not, the logo I'm asked to critique has been designed poorly.

So let's take a moment and critique your logo. Answer yes or no to the following questions:

Does my logo work in black & white?

Does my logo reproduce well very small.

Does my logo convey a "feeling" or communicate what my company does?

Does my logo have the look of professionalism to it?

Does my logo give people a sense of trust in my company?

Does my logo reproduce well in a variety of mediums like on a t-shirt or embroidered on a hat?

Does my logo stand out from the crowd?

Well, if you answered NO to any of the above questions, it's time to look at your logo and either "take it to the next level" with a slight redesign or you might want to get a new logo.

I can hear you say.. "But Rob, I spent so much money on that old logo and I have so many printed pieces with my logo on it."

Sorry to hear that, but you might be losing business right now with that poor logo because people might not trust your company based on the image your old logo is giving them. A new logo can cost you less in the long run because of the benefits associated with a professionally designed logo.




1 comment:

Cassandra Marcole said...

Sometimes, it is better to ask yourself first if what you've done looks good enough to work, then ask someone with a different taste to critique your work. Also, a logo is the face of your business, that's why you should do it right.

-Cassandra Marcole